What to Expect in Borderstan This Weekend
Hurricane? What hurricane? With wet — but probably not dangerous — weather on the way, this weekend might not be a total wash after all. Wait. I mean. It might be a wash, but you uh, you get it.
Anyway. Here’s a roundup of what to expect this weekend in and around the Borderstan coverage area:
- Adams Morgan PorchFest has been rescheduled.
- 14th and U Farmers Market will be open and selling 20 varieties of apples, eight kinds of eggplants, seasonal squash and apple cider.
- Meridian Pint Oktoberfest is still on, but it’s been moved indoors. Sorry, moon bounce aficionados.
- Bentzen Ball continues with events across the city tonight, tomorrow and Sunday.
- Like the Walking Dead? Well guess what: Actress Emily Kinney performs at U Street Music Hall on Sunday.
- Funny people will read funny stuff at DC9 tonight.
- Black Squirrel moved its pumpkin beer festival to next week.
Stuff you should know:
- If you live in LeDroit Park or Bloomingdale, here’s where to get sandbags.
- We are under a flood watch.
- Howard University’s homecoming parade will shut down several roads near the university.
- Metro’s Red Line will run every 20 minutes. Yellow will run every 24 minutes.
Photo via 14th and U Farmers Market Facebook page