Local businesses and groups are getting into the Halloween spirit early with events for children, adults and pets Saturday and Sunday.
For those of you heading outdoors Saturday, the temperature is expected to reach as high as the mid-60s, under mostly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service. The temperature likely will fall to the low 50s during the evening.
On Sunday, clouds are expected to increase, and there’s a 50 percent chance it will rain. The temperature likely will rise to the mid-60s before dropping to upper 40s in the evening.
Here’s your guide for the weekend:
- The 5th Annual Little Goblins Parade for children will start at Logan Circle NW at 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Porches and stoops throughout Adams Morgan will play host to street musicians as part of PorchFest from 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday.
- Locals can taste apples and see who comes out on top in a apple pie baking competition during the Adams Morgan Apple Festival from 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at the SunTrust Plaza (18th Street and Columbia Road NW).
- Shaw Dog Park’s “Howl-O-Ween” event for canines is set for 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Ten Shaw bars — including Ivy and Coney, Dino’s Grotto and Shaw’s Tavern — will host drink specials and special events all day long as part of the “Shawlloween” Bar Crawl, starting at 1 p.m.
- Billed as the “ultimate food lover’s weekend,” the two-day MetroCooking DC Show is set for Saturday and Sunday at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
Stuff you should know (according to Metro):
- Red Line trains will run every 18 minutes Saturday, with single tracking between the Dupont Circle and Van Ness Metro stations.
- Blue, Orange and Silver line trains will run every 26 minutes Saturday.
- Green Line trains will run every 16 minutes Saturday.
- Metro stations will open at 5 a.m. Sunday for the Marine Corps Marathon.
Photo courtesy of Shaw Dog Park