Pumpkins, ghosts, werewolves, ghost werewolves … why, yes. It’s almost time for Halloween.
Speaking of which, do you have plans for tomorrow? If not, check out our Halloween guide for some last-minute ideas.
For those of you heading outdoors tomorrow, the temperature is expected to hit 60, under partly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service. The temperature likely will fall to the upper 40s during the evening, so trick-or-treaters or late-night revelers should dress for chilly weather.
Here’s your guide for the weekend:
- The annual Halloween pet dress-up competition in the Dupont Circle dog park kicks off tomorrow at 10 a.m.
- Sauf Haus (1216 18th St. NW) becomes a “haunted haus” tonight, tomorrow and Sunday.
- Punk rock karaoke takes the stage at Black Cat tonight.
- 14th and U Farmers Market will host a carved pumpkin and pet costume contest on Saturday from 11 a.m. to noon. The market will also sell pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies and orange and black pasta.
Stuff you should know:
- Street cleaning is done for the season.
- Stetson’s closes forever this weekend.
- Red Line trains will run every 18 minutes with single-tracking between Dupont Circle and Van Ness.
- Yellow Line trains will run every 24 minutes.
- Green Line trains will run every 16 minutes tomorrow only, with regular weekend intervals on Sunday.