Hey! Weekend! Here! Now!
Though we experienced record-breaking warmth today, temperatures are expected to drop to the low 60s tomorrow, according to the National Weather Service. If you’re heading out tonight or tomorrow, bring an umbrella — showers are in the forecast.
Here’s your guide for the weekend:
- Typecase Industries (2122 8th St. NW) will host a “grand re-re-opening” party this weekend.
- Mt. Pleasant Library will host a free musical performance by social justice singing group SongRise.
- It’s time for the First Friday art walk in Dupont Circle. During the walk, attendees can tour the first floor of the Heurich House Museum for free, view art at local galleries and take advantage of discounts at neighborhood businesses.
- Activists will walk from Malcolm X/Meridian Hill Park to the White House as part of the Black Power Matters rally on Saturday at 2 p.m.
- MidCity Artists will host its Fall Open Studios event this weekend.
Stuff you should know:
- City Sports plans to close all of its locations and is currently holding going-out-of-business sales at its locations downtown and in Gallery Place.
- More businesses are set to open at The Shay (1924 8th St. NW)
- Red Line trains will operate every 18 minutes.
- Yellow Line trains will operate every 20 minutes between Huntington and Mt. Vernon Square metro stations.
- Green Line trains will operate at regular weekend times.