Hey, you made it. Another week down to the tubehole. Time to go home and plan out your weekend.
Going out this weekend? You might need a jacket, according to the National Weather Service, but expect clear, sunny skies tomorrow and Sunday. And with wind gusts up to 30 miles per hour tomorrow, it might be a good day for kite flying or pretending you’re in a very humble hurricane.
Here’s your guide for the weekend:
- Tacos aplenty on 14th Street during Dromosexuals’ first-ever taco hunt tomorrow.
- Hip-Hop Chess starts at the Columbia Heights Rec Center tomorrow.
- Drop your attitude and get with the gratitude in Stead Park tomorrow morning.
- 826DC will host its grand opening in Columbia Heights tomorrow at 11 a.m.
- Lettie Gooch will open its doors in The Shay on Saturday.
- Head to Sudhouse on U Street for drink specials during the Democratic debate tomorrow.
Stuff you should know:
- Police near Meridian Hill Park need your donated food.
- Fred Armisen was here.
- Red Line trains will run every 22 minutes.
- Yellow Line trains will operate every 20 minutes between the Huntington and Mt. Vernon Square stations only.
- Green Line trains will operate at regular weekend intervals except at Suitland and Branch Avenue on Saturday.