Everyone deserves to spend some time with friends and family, which is why we’ll be taking tomorrow and Friday off to observe the Thanksgiving holiday.
So, what is there to be thankful for this year? We asked the question on Twitter earlier this week. Here are some of our favorite responses:
@borderstan Thankful for a strong and active community of neighbors who care about Dupont and are working to keep it great!
— Nicole Mann (@nikkimann17) November 23, 2015
@borderstan not traveling!
— Matthew Lawlor (@DrMattyO) November 25, 2015
@borderstan it was drum circles, but
— sharrowsDC (@sharrowsDC) November 24, 2015
— Ian Brinksman (@teamian) November 23, 2015
To those leaving the city and those staying within the District, we wish you a happy and safe holiday weekend. To tide you over until our triumphant return on Monday, here’s a rundown of some of the things you should keep in mind until next week.
- There’s a fundraiser for Garrison Elementary this weekend at Gallagher and Graham and Menchie’s on U Street next Monday
- Cyclists in plaid will zoom through Adams Morgan on Saturday
- And speaking of Adams Morgan, be sure to check out Small Business Saturday there and in Shaw for some big deals and special events
Stuff you should know:
- Here’s a list of everything you need to know about Thanksgiving in the District this year
- Thursday’s Department of Public Works (DPW) trash and recycling collections will move to Friday. Friday’s collections will be made Saturday
- Parking meters will not operate tomorrow and will resume service on Friday
- Metro rail and bus service will operate holiday service on Thanksgiving. Trains will begin running at at 7 a.m. and close at midnight. But no track work!
Photo via Flickr/icoNYCa