Holiday shoppers who buy gifts in the area between the White House and Dupont Circle can have up to three of them wrapped for free courtesy of a local business improvement district.
Volunteers from the Golden Triangle BID will man pop-up gift-wrapping stations on Tuesdays and Thursdays until Dec. 22 at the following locations and times:
- Dec. 8: 1133 Connecticut Avenue NW (in front of H&M)
- Dec. 10: 1746 L Street NW (in front of Sarar)
- Dec. 15: 1112 19th Street NW (next to Staples)
- Dec. 17: 1133 Connecticut Avenue NW (in front of H&M)
- Dec. 22: 1746 L Street NW (in front of Sarar)
Gifts can be wrapped in either red or blue gift paper and outfitted with a small selection of bows. Odd-sized gifts will be placed into gift bags.
In addition to wrapping gifts, Golden Triangle staffers will also hand out miniature candy canes and free holiday cheer. There will also be “surprise visits” from Santa Claus, according to the BID.
Volunteers wrapped gifts at 1112 19th Street NW earlier today. This is the BID’s second year offering free gift wrapping services.