Tryst now can brag that it has the “best” holiday display in Adams Morgan.
The coffeehouse at 2459 18th St. NW was the top vote-getter in the inaugural “Lights of Adams Morgan” contest, co-organizer John Zottoli announced last night. Throughout December, Zottoli and co-organizer Robert Turner II collected locals’ votes for the top holiday displays in the neighborhood.
The competition also had eight other winners and runners up (pictured above in the photo gallery):
- “Best Decorated Service Organizations”
- Christ House at 1717 Columbia Road NW
- Joseph’s House at 1730 Lanier Place NW
- Life Assets at 2448 18th St. NW
- “Best Decorated Retail Establishments”
- Little Shop of Flowers at 2421 18th St. NW
- Toro Mata at 2410 18th St. NW
- “Best Decorated Restaurants and Taverns”
- Madam’s Organ at 2461 18th St. NW
- Angles and The Little Fountain Cafe at 2339 18th St. NW (runner up)
- Perry’s at 1811 Columbia Road NW (runner up)
“Neighborhoods aren’t just a bunch of buildings,” Councilmember Brianne Nadeau of Ward 1 said before the announcement. “It’s all about the people who live in them and inhabit the streets during the day, keeping the neighborhoods alive. To come through and look at all of the lights at Christmastime is really special.”