Are the holidays stressing you out? Shopping not done? Too much “Jingle Bell Rock?” Not enough eggnog?
The weather this weekend shouldn’t be too bad if you want to get outside. Sunny skies are expected to prevail Saturday and Sunday, with daytime highs in the mid-40s, according to the National Weather Service.
Metro also is running on a mostly normal weekend schedule, except on the Red Line, where trains will operate every 15 minutes due to construction.
Here’s what else you may want to know to (hopefully) enjoy the weekend:
- The Potter’s House at 1658 Columbia Road NW is having its last Holiday Popup Shop from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Old City Farm and Guild at 925 Rhode Island Ave. NW is closing its holiday market Saturday.
- Billed as “an epic holiday ride through the city,” “Massive Chrome Riide & Holiday Jammy Jam!” begins Saturday at 1 p.m. at Chrome near U and 9th streets NW.
- Shaw is celebrating Dr. Carter G. Woodson’s 140th birthday with a keynote address by Dr. Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham, professor of history and African American studies at Harvard University. The event begins at the Shiloh Baptist Church (1500 9th St. NW) at 1 p.m.
- Santa Claus is visiting Chaplin’s Restaurant at 1501 9th St. NW from 5 to 7 p.m. and 8 to 10 p.m. Saturday. Children are welcome.
- You can bring your lightsaber to Bar 7 at 1015 7th St. NW for its “Stars Wars” costume contest on Saturday at 5 p.m. Top prize is $2,000.
- John Stabb, frontman of hardcore D.C. punk band Government Issue, will host this tribute to D.C. funkers and punkers of the past and present during the DC Funk/Punk Revival at U Street Music Hall (1115 U St. NW) at 5 p.m. Sunday.
Stuff you should know:
- Adams Morgan and Mount Pleasant are set to lose their weekly farmers markets for the winter on Saturday.
- La Bonne Bistro will end its pop-up dinner service at Creme (2436 14th St. NW) Saturday.
- American Ice Co. at 917 V St. NW is going sans-kolache for the rest of the year, after this Saturday.
- CVS is coming to 655 K St. NW Sunday.
- CakeLove is leaving 1506 U St. NW later this month.