Happy Holidays, Borderstan
It’s that time of year again. The holidays! Got any big plans?
Whatever you do, we wish you a happy and safe holiday. Though we’ll be gone through the rest of the week, we’ll be back on Monday with more local news. To tide you over until we return, here are some things to keep in mind:
- It’s going to be a warm holiday according to the National Weather Service. Expect highs well into the 70s on Christmas Eve and highs close to 70 on Christmas Day.
- D.C. government offices will be closed on Christmas Day. Due to the Christmas holiday, Friday trash collection will occur on Saturday this week.
- Metro will run on a sunday schedule on Christmas Day.
- It’s going to be a warm holiday, so this might be a good time to study up on what to do during inclement winter weather — provided it ever actually happens again.
- Need somewhere to eat on Christmas? Here are some options, courtesy of Eater.
- Need a last-minute gift for that urbanist in your life? Check out Greater Greater Washington’s gift guide.
If you take any photos of your not-so-wintery wonderland, be sure to send them our way. We may feature some reader photos in a post. Send them to [email protected] or tweet them at us.