— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) January 12, 2016
This is it, folks. President Obama will deliver his final State of the Union address tonight at 9 p.m. Want to watch the historical event with drink in hand? Here’s where to do it across town:
U Street and Nearby
- Busboys and Poets is set to screen the address at all of its locations, including its flagship restaurant at 14th and V streets NW.
- D.C. Councilmember at-large David Grosso, D.C. Shadow Senator Paul Strauss and D.C. Shadow Representative Franklin Garcia will visit Local 16’s (1602 U St. NW) watch party.
- Sudhouse (1340 U St. NW) will extend its happy hour through the debate tonight.
- Nellie’s (900 U St. NW) could have a special guest during its watch party.
- JR’s Bar (1519 17th St. NW) will mix David Bowie music and President Obama’s speech.
- Buffalo Billiards (1330 19th St. NW) vows to crank up the volume for tonight’s address.
- Patrons can buy half-priced burgers and pizzas on the second floor of Shaw Tavern (520 Florida Ave. NW)
- Number Nine (1435 P St. NW) will follow up the address with some “hot political mud wrestling.”
- Ventnor Sports Cafe (2411 18th St. NW) will host a drinking game wherein every time President Obama says a chosen word, you win a $1 Jello shot.
- Beer and politics abound tonight at The Coupe (3415 11th St. NW)
- Meridian Pint (3400 11th St. NW) will screen the address with sound in its basement bar.
Know of another place showing the debates? Let us know in the comments and we’ll add it to this post.