The week is dead. Long live the long weekend! with Martin Luther King Jr., day, this will be a long one for us (and hopefully you, too).
And it will be a sunny — if slightly chilly — weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
Here’s what else you might want to know for the weekend:
- The MLK Jr., Peace Walk is on Monday.
- Ben’s Chili Bowl will also celebrate MLK Day at its flagship U Street location.
- Get ready for Bei Bei, because he makes his public debut at the National Zoo Saturday morning at 9 am.
- Head to Source (1835 14th Street NW) this Sunday between noon and 3 p.m. to pet two real, live ponies.
Stuff you should know:
- We’re taking the day off on Monday for Martin Luther King Jr., Day. Have a safe and happy holiday!
- Ping Pong Dim Sum will close its Dupont Circle location on Monday.
- Free Z-Burger for Howard University students and faculty next week.
- Third District Commander Jeffrey Carroll is switching gears to become the leader of the department’s Special Operations Division.
- Care about Bruce Monroe Park? Don’t miss this meeting with D.C. Councilmember Brianne Nadeau next Tuesday.
- Red Line trains will operate every 9-18 minutes, Metro said.