What to Expect Around Town This Weekend (Jan. 30-31)
This time last week, we warned you about the snow. Then it happened and, well… we all know what came next.
Luckily, this weekend should be sunny with highs in the 40s tomorrow and in the mid-50s on Sunday, according to the National Weather Service.
Oh, and heads up: We’re taking a half day today, but we’ll be back Monday morning with the same local coverage as always.
Here’s what else you might want to know for this weekend:
- You might want to buy your Groundhog Day top hat soon. The big Dupont Circle celebration takes place next Tuesday.
- Mardi Gras-themed king cake kolaches will be available at American Ice Co. at 917 V St. on Saturday.
- Annual event Wig Night Out will raise money for LGBTQ youth at JR’s Bar (1519 17th St. NW) tomorrow night at 9 p.m.
- Alfie’s — a Southeast Asian restaurant from ex-Duke’s Grocery chef and “Food Network Star” contestant Alex McCoy — has finally popped up in the former Mothership space in Park View. Make a reservation here.
- DJs will blast K-Pop music at Black Cat tomorrow.
- Red Line trains will operate every 9-24 minutes and Green Line trains are every 20 minutes, according to Metro.
- Wondering why MPD’s tweets look a little different? Here’s the reason.
- Trash pickup has resumed.
- Winter Restaurant Week has been extended through Feb. 3.