Luckily, this weekend should be sunny with highs in the 40s tomorrow and in the mid-50s on Sunday, according to the National Weather Service.
Oh, and heads up: We’re taking a half day today, but we’ll be back Monday morning with the same local coverage as always.
Here’s what else you might want to know for this weekend:
- You might want to buy your Groundhog Day top hat soon. The big Dupont Circle celebration takes place next Tuesday.
- Mardi Gras-themed king cake kolaches will be available at American Ice Co. at 917 V St. on Saturday.
- Annual event Wig Night Out will raise money for LGBTQ youth at JR’s Bar (1519 17th St. NW) tomorrow night at 9 p.m.
- Alfie’s — a Southeast Asian restaurant from ex-Duke’s Grocery chef and “Food Network Star” contestant Alex McCoy — has finally popped up in the former Mothership space in Park View. Make a reservation here.
- DJs will blast K-Pop music at Black Cat tomorrow.
- Red Line trains will operate every 9-24 minutes and Green Line trains are every 20 minutes, according to Metro.
- Wondering why MPD’s tweets look a little different? Here’s the reason.
- Trash pickup has resumed.
- Winter Restaurant Week has been extended through Feb. 3.