With only a few piles of dirty snow left in the area and a prediction from Potomac Phil that warmer weather is around the corner, spring doesn’t seem all that far away.
Although they aren’t balmy, temperatures are expected to rise to the mid to upper 40s on Saturday and Sunday, according to the National Weather Service. No snow (or any precipitation for that matter) is predicted to fall in the District.
Here’s what you might want to know if you venture out this weekend:
- You can donate a hat, scarf, coat or pair of gloves and receive a free drink at Sudhouse (1340 U St. NW) Saturday. All collected items will be given to Coalition for the Homeless.
- George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic will take the stage at Howard Theatre Saturday to prove they still got the funk.
- District Department of Transportation officials will present 6th St. NW/Route 1 design alternatives with a formal presentation Saturday.
- Declaration starts serving pizza at 804 V St. NW Saturday.
- A controversial “masculine” meetup in Dupont scheduled for Saturday has purportedly been cancelled.
- Walls of Books at 3325 Georgia Ave. NW will have a grand opening celebration Saturday.
- The Mount Pleasant Library is having a book sale Saturday and Sunday.
- Gallagher and Graham (1939 12th St. NW) is donating $5 to Garrison Elementary for every purchase of select red, white or sparkling wines until Wednesday. Buyers will automatically be entered into a raffle.
- If Post Pub still isn’t open this weekend, here’s why.
- A Pret A Manger at 18th and M streets NW has arrived.
- Need something to read? The latest issue of D.C.’s free comic book newspaper, Magic Bullet, is out.
- Gay bars Woof Den Sports Bar (1723 Connecticut Ave. NW) and Uproar (639 Florida Ave. NW) now are open.
- Sweet Science Coffee at 1800 Wyoming Ave. NW isn’t closing this weekend after all. It will serve coffee in Adams Morgan until at least late March.
- Metro will run Green and Yellow line trains on a single track between the U Street and Fort Totten stations this weekend. Expect delays.
Photo via Declaration