BREAKING: It’s cold.
And it’s going to get colder: The National Weather Service says it’s going to be frigid all weekend, with highs in the 20s Saturday and Sunday.
But Valentine’s Day might warm your frozen heart, right? And here’s a HOT piece of news: Presidents Day is Monday, meaning if you’re a federal worker or your employer is extra nice, you’ll have a three-day weekend.
Here’s what you need to know through Monday:
- We’re off on Presidents Day this week, but we’ll be back with more neighborhood news Tuesday.
- The Chinese New Year parade kicks off in Chinatown at 2 p.m. this weekend.
- Escalators at the Columbia Height and Georgia Avenue stations will be shut down…for 35-45 weeks.
- Sloppy Mama’s barbeque is taking over the kitchen at Solly’s this weekend.
- Red Line trains will run every 6-20 minutes, shuttle buses will transport riders between some Green Line stations, says Metro.
- Here’s where to find free coffee and roses on Valentine’s Day.
- Cupid’s Undie Run is tomorrow.
- A regional pinball league is currently recruiting for its spring league.