Remember when the temperature was in the 20s and snow blanketed the ground last weekend? Seems like a distant memory now.
Unlike last weekend, the temperature should rise to about 60 degrees on Saturday and Sunday, according to the National Weather Service. And it should be sunny Saturday, though there is a chance of rain Sunday.
Here’s what else you might want to know for this weekend:
- Council Chairman Phil Mendelson is scheduled to meet with locals on the 14th Street corridor Saturday morning.
- The Shay in Shaw is set to host a mini cherry pie giveaway and the Howard Gospel Choir Saturday.
- Dogs are slated to don Mardi Gras costumes in Columbia Heights during an annual event organized by the Community Wellness Alliance Saturday afternoon.
- Members of the cannabis community are scheduled to gather downtown Saturday to swap ideas and celebrate the one year anniversary of the legalization of marijuana in D.C.
- The chef famous for sinful burgers and a local artist are set to pair up for a night of dining and drawing naked people Saturday in Park View.
- Duffy’s on Vermont Avenue NW is scheduled to host its first-ever chili cook-off Sunday.
- Tropicalia on U Street NW is slated to throw a post-Carnaval party with live music by Caique Vidal and Batuque, a dance performance and a DJ on Sunday.
- Metro’s weekend construction work and delays will continue Saturday and Sunday.