With each weekend that flies by, we get closer and closer to Spring.
Every Saturday means another step toward beer gardens, short sleeves and baseball games, among other things. And we’ve seen a preview of Spring the past couple of weekends. Sadly, this weekend will not be one.
The National Weather Service predicts a chilly, wet weekend ahead, with a chance of snow showers on Sunday. Gross!
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Ross Elementary School will host a “Roaring Twenties Party” with a live auction and a cash bar tomorrow.
- You can now buy Republic Kolaches at Compass Coffee.
- The Nina Brekelmans Memorial Scholarship 5K Race will be held at Georgetown University (3700 O St NW) tomorrow at 8 a.m.
- Old City Farm and Guild is scheduled to reopen at 925 Rhode Island Ave. NW tomorrow at 9 a.m.
- Drink cider out of wooden casks at Colony Club in Park View on Sunday.
- Laila McQueen, former contestant on “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” will be at Town (2009 8th St. NW) tomorrow night.
- Shaw has a new Latin-American wine market.
- Watch out: Members of the Westboro Baptist Church are coming to the District on Sunday.
- Volunteer will meet to beautify the Powell Playground (16th and Lamont streets NW) at 9 a.m. tomorrow.