Hey! Weekend! You made it to the end of yet another week. How’s that feel? Got anything momentous planned?
Whatever it is, hopefully it won’t get rained out. The National Weather Service predicts a rainy Saturday followed by a breezy, sunny Sunday.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Sumo fight! The “heaviest Japanese human being in history” and other sumo wrestlers are set to duke it out in an empty lot near the U Street corridor Sunday.
- There’s a ’90s party at The Blaguard (2003 18th St. NW) Sunday.
- Garrison Elementary School is hosting an online auction with “A Taste of the Neighborhood” as the theme.
- Help spruce up Park View.
- Dupont’s Fantom Comics will hold its very first ever KidsCon on Sunday. Expect workshops, kid-friendly vendors, a costume parade and special guests during this pint-sized comic book convention.
- The Mt. Pleasant Farmers Market returns for the season Saturday.
- There’s a new coffee and whiskey pop-up on U Street called Duality Espresso & Whiskey Bar.
- A new Cava opened in Dupont Circle Friday.
- Here’s how to volunteer to build Dupont Underground’s very first exhibit.
- You can buy cheesesteaks from Shaw’s forthcoming Shaw Bijou at Union Market this weekend…
- …or you can drink free coffee at Colony Club Saturday morning.
Have a great weekend!