We often write about local businesses opening or closing. What we don’t usually cover are the transactions in between — like when a business is sold to a new owner — even though business sales are quite common.
Our sister publication ARLnow.com took a look through the Arlington listings of a major business broker marketplace and found some interesting — and mysterious — listings. And it inspired us to do some digging this afternoon.
Though the businesses often go unnamed in these listings, there are details that provide clues as to which business it may be. (Full disclosure: we can’t be 100 percent sure that all listings are up to date.)
Anyway, we thumbed through the D.C. listings earlier today and highlighted some of what we found. Here are just some of the interesting local businesses that are currently listed on the site:
- “Profitable Asian restaurant” with locations in Dupont Circle, West End and Foggy Bottom. Listed for $295,000.
- An “influential media company . . . with a widely read publication reaching international community, U.S. government and major corporations” Listed for $900,000.
- This “successful coffeehouse business” in Dupont Circle has “an established, successful, well managed and well run business with a track record,” not to mention “steady clientele, seasoned staff, a community niche and a long term manager” And an outdoor patio. Listed at $409,500.
- Two “recently remodeled” salons in the Dupont Circle area with a “unique brand.” Listed for $329,000.
- There’s a “newly renovated” restaurant space “with a large number of tap lines” in Adams Morgan for sale. Listed at $195,000.
- A deli with a “great reputation” that resembles a certain cafe near the Dupont Circle Metro stop. Listed at $270,000.
- A “prime U Street restaurant and bar” near 14th Street NW. Listed at $150,000.
- An “elegant” Dupont Circle restaurant with an “expansive kitchen” and located on a “very busy street.” Listed at $250,000.
- Another Dupont Circle restaurant with “unbelievable” growth potential. Listed at $350,000.
Screenshot via BizBuySell.com