Kate and Jim Lehrer, four-time Helen Hayes Award winner Holly Twyford and an acclaimed D.C. restauranteur will have dinner with lucky locals during a Dupont Circle organization’s “Celeb Salons” series.
Dupont Circle Village, a nonprofit that helps Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan residents age in place, is the organization hosting the event series. Dupont Circle Villagers will host the dinners in their homes between May 2 and to Sept. 19.
“What Washington icons would you like to share dinner with in a small-group, private Dupont Circle home this summer?” a press release sent out by Dupont Circle Village reads.
Notable figures participating in the series include Ashok Bajaj, the man behind restaurants like Bombay Club, Rasika and NoPa Kitchen+Bar; Washington Post Metro columnist Robert McCartney; and Ari Roth, artistic director at Mosaic Theater Company.
The full list of celebrities is below:
- May 2 at 7 p.m.: Ashok Bajaj, owner of Rasika and other cafes
- May 6 at 7 p.m.: Susan Goldberg, National Geographic magazine editor
- May 9 at 7 p.m.: Robert McCartney, Washington Post Metro columnist/commentator
- May 10 at 7 p.m.: Henry Aaron, Brookings Senior Fellow/economist
- May 17 at 7 p.m.: Elisabeth Bumiller, New York Times Washington Bureau chief
- May 23 at 7 p.m.: Schroeder Stribling, N Street Village executive director
- May 25 at 7 p.m.: Kate and Jim Lehrer, authors and journalist
- June 1 at 7 p.m.: Ari Roth, Mosaic Theater founder
- June 7 at 7 p.m.: Steve Clemons, The Atlantic Washington editor
- June 13 at 5 p.m.: Holly Twyford, actress
- June 23 at 7 p.m.: Connie Morella, former GOP congresswoman
- Sept. 19 at 7 p.m.: Francesca Zambello, Washington National Opera artistic director
Tickets are $75. Due to the small number of tickets, some dinners have already sold out.
More information about the series from the organization’s full press release:
What Washington icons would you like to share dinner with in a small-group, private Dupont Circle home this summer between May 2nd and September 19th? How about author-writer Kate Lehrer and her journalist husband, Jim Lehrer; or four-time Helen Hayes Award winner Holly Twyford; or National Geographic Magazine Editor Susan Goldberg? What about Washington Post Metro Columnist/Commentator Robert McCartney; or New York Times Washington Bureau Chief Elisabeth Bumiller; or The Atlantic Washington Editor Steven Clemons?
Sign up online to attend one or more of these 12 dinners before 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 14th: http://dupontcirclevillage.net.Tickets are $75 each; $50 is tax-deductible. You can beat the tax collector with your tax-exempt purchase now before April 15th. Remaining tickets will be available for attendees at the sold-out Dupont Circle Village Gala at the Woman’s Democratic Club on Sunday, April 17th. Unsold tickets will go online again at 1 p.m. on Monday, April 18th.
Wait, there are more Washington insiders. How about Washington National Opera Artistic Director Francesca Zambello; or Mosaic Theater Founding Artistic Director Ari Roth; or Rasika Restaurant Owner Ashok Bajaj? What about former congresswoman/OECD Ambassador Connie Morella; or Social Security Advisory Board Chair/Brookings Economist Henry Aaron; or N Street Village Executive Director Schroeder Stribling?
Photo courtesy of Dupont Circle Village