The opportunity to pick up a Hula-Hoop and “shake your groove thang” to the beat of live music is coming back to an Adams Morgan plaza next month, according to a community organization.
The Adams Morgan Partnership Business Improvement District’s Adams Morgan Summer Concert Series is scheduled to kick off at the BB&T Bank plaza at 18th Street and Columbia Road NW on Saturday, May 7. The free, family-friendly music performances, which run from 5-7 p.m., also are set for most Saturdays in May and June, weather permitting.
During the shows, bottles of bubbles and a dozen Hula-Hoops are slated to be available for children, as well as adults.
According to the Adams Morgan Partnership, the bands signed up to play are:
- Boat Burning, a “six-guitar instrumental rock ensemble,” on May 7.
- Hollertown, a “bluegrass and old-time music band,” on May 14.
- Oxymorons, a “seriously fun eight-piece band,” on May 21.
- Jelly Roll Mortals, a “pop-rock-country-folk-R&B band,” on June 4.
- Goin’ Goin’ Gone, a “mainstay of the D.C. music scene,” on June 11.
- Dave Ihmels & Todd Baker, who mix violin and guitar, on June 25.
Photo via Facebook/Adams Morgan Summer Concert Series