We’re proud to announce that another weekend is almost here. That’s right folks. It’s the weekend you know and love and it’s back again.
Who’s ready for the rain to stop? Here’s the deal: it will. Probably. At some point. The National Weather Service predicts a steady chance of showers until about 2 p.m. Saturday. So, don’t buy a boat just yet.
Here’s what else to expect this weekend:
- More than 40 performers — including headlining act and legendary go-go band Rare Essence — are scheduled to play at 12 outdoor performance areas and 15 music venues during this year’s Funk Parade festival. And don’t forget the parade itself, which kicks off at the Howard Theater at 4 p.m.
- 14 and U farmers market returns to the corner of 14th and U streets NW Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Fans of Marvel’s “Civil War” will be able to “join the fray” during a flash mob in Dupont Circle on Saturday. Additionally, Dupont’s Fantom Comics and Big Planet Comics on U Street will dole out free special edition comics for Free Comic Book Day.
- The “Around the World Embassy Tour” is slated to give glimpses behind the doors of dozens of embassies in Dupont Circle, Kalorama and other parts of the Borderstan coverage area Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Many of the embassies also will have free food and other giveaways.
- Indie movie theater Suns Cinema is slated to open at 3107 Mount Pleasant St. NW Sunday at 5 p.m.
- The opportunity to pick up a Hula-Hoop and “shake your groove thang” to the beat of live music is coming back to an Adams Morgan plaza Saturday at 5 p.m.
- D.C. United Players are set to “spin for a cause” in Dupont Circle tomorrow.
- Shaw will gain a new farmers market Sunday.
Have a good weekend! See you on U Street.