What to Expect Around Town This Weekend (May 14-15)
Is that… the sun? Yes. It is. Evidently, anyway. We were unable to confirm.
But, alas, the sun will not stick around for long. At least that’s what the National Weather Service predicts. Expect a rainy Saturday followed by a pleasant, albeit cool, Sunday.
Here’s what else to expect this weekend:
- The “Shortcut to Europe” open house will let members of the public peek inside 28 European nation embassies in Dupont Circle, Kalorama, downtown and other parts of the Borderstan coverage area Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- There’s free yoga in Meridian Hill Park Saturday morning at 10 a.m.
- Clothing and accessory store Filson (1534 14th St. NW) will host a “fishing + fish tacos” event at its store Saturday at 1 p.m.
- D.C. Police officers Larry Garrett and Dia Hymes will lead neighbors on a community bike ride through PSA 308 Saturday at 11 a.m. The ride begins at the Kennedy Rec Center (1401 7th St. NW) and lasts 1.5 miles.
- The Mt. Pleasant Library will screen “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” on Saturday at 2 p.m.
- Likewise, an outdoor showing of “The Martian” will play in Shaw Saturday night at 8 p.m.
- Local celebrity Sarah Fraser will host an event of free classes, giveaways, and motivational speakers during this event centered around body image positivity.
- The 14th & U Farmers Market will have mushrooms and other seasonal goodies in addition to fresh produce.
- Artists across the area will invite the public inside their studios Saturday and Sunday.
Have a good one!