34°Overcast

House Under Construction Catches Fire in Shaw

by Tim Regan May 25, 2016 at 1:35 pm 0

House catches fire in Shaw May 28

(Updated at 2:06 p.m.) A house under construction caught fire in Shaw this afternoon.

Authorities received a call for smoke billowing out of a three-story rowhome on the 900 block of Westminster St. NW at approximately 1:16 p.m. today, D.C. Fire and EMS spokesman Oscar Mendez said.

Dozens of firefighters rushed to the the scene at 1:18 p.m. and are currently working to douse the fire, which started in the attic of the building.

Nobody was injured during the blaze, said D.C. Fire and EMS spokesman Vito Maggiolo.

“It looks like [firefighters] have a handle on it,” Maggiolo added.

Authorities said the fire was accidental.

Leave a Comment

* Required fields

×

Subscribe to our mailing list