It’s finally here: Memorial Day weekend is upon us.
What do you have planned? Whether it’s lounging by the pool, grilling, visiting the National Mall or hanging out with family and friends, we hope it’s a good one.
The weather should cooperate some of the time, at least that’s what the National Weather Service predicts. We’re likely looking at sunny, warm Saturday followed by possible thunderstorms Sunday and Monday, the NWS reports.
Here’s what else you should expect this weekend:
- Don’t want to go to the Memorial Day parade downtown? Logan Circle park will serve as host to a Memorial Day celebration that includes an appearance by newly appointed U.S. Army Secretary Eric Fanning, the singing of the national anthem from the Washington Capitals’ Bob McDonald and music from a brass quintet.
- Super Art Fight returns to Black Cat Saturday night.
- Local pools and spray parks will officially open for the summer season tomorrow morning.
- The 14th and U Farmers Market will have fresh strawberries Saturday.
- “Live at 9:30” premieres this weekend.
We’ll return with full news coverage on Tuesday. Have a good long weekend, everyone!