Some cyclists in Columbia Heights and Bloomingdale will have to rent Bikeshare bikes from new locations, at least temporarily.
The hubs at Florida Ave. and R St. NW and 14th and Harvard streets NW have been relocated nearby so workers can install permeable pavement, according to Capital Bikeshare.
Over the next two months, several Capital Bikeshare stations throughout the district will be temporarily relocated or removed, according to a Bikeshare press release. The stations are set to be relocated “within sight of normal location,” the release reads. Each adjustment is expected to last up to one week.
Here’s a full list of the stations that will be affected:
- Maryland and Independence SW
- Jefferson Dr. and 12th St.
- 8th St. and Eye St. SE / Barracks Row
- 19th St. and Constitution Ave. NW (temporary removal)
- 39th St. and Calvert St. NW
- 26th St. and Calvert St. NW
- Ward Circle / American University NW (temporary removal)
- 14th St. and Harvard St. NW
- John McCormack Dr. and Michigan Ave. NE
- Florida Ave. and R St. NW
- Alabama Ave. and MLK Jr. Ave. SE
- Randall Circle and Minnesota Ave. SE
- Oklahoma Ave. and D St. NE
Photo via Twitter / Bikeshare