Some Northwest D.C. residents this summer can walk through an ice field, catch a tennis match and see a Shakespeare play for free, or at least at a discounted price.
Locals who live in Councilmember Brianne Nadeau’s Ward 1 can get a 20 percent discount at the Citi Open tennis tournament on Monday and free access to the National Building Museum’s “Icebergs” exhibit on Tuesday. And in August, they can get free tickets for the Shakespeare Theatre Co.’s production of “The Tempest.”
Here is the breakdown of the deals:
- Citi Open at Rock Creek Park Tennis Center (5220 15th St. NW) on Monday, July 18, at 2 p.m.
- Enter the code “WARD1” to get the 20 percent discount
- “Icebergs” at the National Museum (401 F St. NW) on Tuesday, July 19 from 9-11 a.m.
- Residents must present a valid ID to prove zip code.
- Shakespeare Theatre Co.’s The Tempest at Sidney Harmon Hall (610 F St. NW) Saturday, August 20 at 2 p.m.
- Contact Elizabeth Horen at [email protected] or 202-724-8181.
Photo via Facebook/National Building Museum