Have you caught ’em all yet?
If you’re hunting for tiny virtual monsters as part of the new smartphone game, Pokemon Go, there’s a slight chance a thunderstorm could dampen your pursuit Saturday, according to The National Weather Service. And temperatures in the low 90s on Saturday and Sunday could make capturing the creatures outdoors unpleasant.
If you’re not a committed Pokemon trainer, or don’t care to become one, here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- A cobbler who has mended and shined shoes on the U Street corridor for more than 50 years apparently has called it quits.
- A longtime art gallery in Adams Morgan is showcasing hundreds of works from local artists as part of an annual show.
- A new restaurant with a rooftop bar has opened near the U Street corridor.
- The D.C. Department of Health is handing out educational materials and so-called “Zika preparedness kits” to residents at recreation centers Saturday.
- The opportunity to learn circus tricks with dance moves is coming to Meridian Hill Park Saturday.
- A self-described “atist-designed footwear” company is celebrating its opening in Shaw with Capital Kombucha samples Saturday.
- Performers in outrageous costumes are going to rock out with invisible guitars at a popular music venue on 14th Street Saturday.
- Stead Park is having an ice cream social Sunday.
Screenshot via Pokemon Go