Borderstan bulked up its coverage this week and now has more to share with you about this weekend.
If you venture out this weekend, you might have to dodge a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening Saturday and might want some sunscreen, with the temperature expected to hit the mid 90s, according to the National Weather Service. No rain is in the forecast Sunday, and the temperature is once again likely to rise to the mid 90s.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Shuttered speakeasy-style bar The Speak has reopened on K Street NW.
- Tasty Burger now is serving cheeseburgers, fries and shakes near the 9:30 Club.
- German restaurant Doner Bistro is saying “auf wiedersehen” to Adams Morgan at the end of the month.
- Sauf Haus Bier Hall and Garden in Dupont Circle is celebrating its second birthday throughout the weekend.
- Capitol Hemp in Adams Morgan is aiming to reopen Saturday after flooding.
- Logan Hardware is having a do-it-yourself pickling workshop Saturday.
- REI is hosting a “Jerky Fest” in NoMa Saturday.
- “Zinesters” are gathering in Columbia Heights for D.C. Zinefest Saturday.
- Georgia Avenue Thrive is showing “Zootopia” for its first-ever outdoor movie night at The Perch Saturday.
- Supporters of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders are rallying at Farragut Square Sunday.
- Sudhouse on the U Street corridor is having a first anniversary party Sunday.