What to Expect Around Town This Weekend (July 30-31)
It was incredibly hot this week.
And now, it’s going to rain, according to the National Weather Service. Storms and showers are likely on Saturday and Sunday, the NWS predicts, with highs in the upper 80s. If you have plans to go to the pool, it might be wise to make find alternate activities ahead of time.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Vieux Carre, a New Orleans-style cocktail bar at 1413 K St. NW, is due to open for business tonight.
- Doner Bistro (1654 Columbia Rd. NW) will hold its last hurrah party this Sunday before it closes on Aug. 1.
- The Angelika Pop-Up movie house at 550 Penn St. NE is scheduled to hold a free “SciFi convention” Sunday from 1-8 p.m.
- Meet these fry guys.
- Outdoor enthusiasts are set to swap and sell “thingamajigs” at a lot in NoMa on Saturday.
- Kramerbooks (1517 Connecticut Ave. NW) will host a release party for “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” Saturday night.
- Wanna catch some pocket monsters? Head to the National Mall Saturday.
- B-holes for sale in Dupont Circle and Petworth!