The water is flowing now at Meridian Hill Park, just in time for the weekend.
On Saturday, the area, also known as Malcom X Park, is set to host a “Block Party for Community Dialogue,” which will include a panel discussion, performers, games and food from Oohh’s & Aahh’s on the U Street corridor, according to a Facebook event post.
The heat wave should continue into Saturday and Sunday, with highs in the upper 90s, according to the National Weather Service. There’s a slight possibility that a thunderstorm or shower might come Saturday. But otherwise, the sun is expected to be out in full force.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Italian restaurant Al Volo Osteria has opened in the former Pasta Mia space in Adams Morgan.
- Local media personality Sarah Fraser is hosting two live tapings of her podcast, “Hey Frase,” in Dupont Saturday.
- Sahara Dance is going to “present a magical evening of revelry, music and dance” on 14th Street Saturday.
- Common Good City Farm is having an informational session on bee colonies Saturday.
- The inaugural 14th Street Burger Battle Royale is taking place at Cafe Saint-Ex Sunday.