D.C isn’t a state (yet). But that isn’t stopping locals from holding a state fair in NoMa Sunday.
If you go to check out the fair’s animals, mumbo sauce cook-off and “best bud” pot growing contest, you might want sunscreen and sunglasses. Sunny skies are expected to prevail throughout the weekend, with high temperatures in the upper 80s or lower 90s, according to the National Weather Service.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Saxbys Coffee is back in Dupont Circle.
- Vietnamese restaurant Ben Tre is now open in Adams Morgan.
- The annual 17th Street Festival is returning to Dupont Circle with a Chinese dragon and dog parade Saturday.
- D.C. video game makers are showcasing their work downtown at the first-ever District Arcade expo Saturday.
- Shinola is handing out dog treats and other freebies at its 14th Street corridor store Saturday.
- Pica Taco is having a 4-pound burrito eating contest at its Florida Avenue NW location Saturday.
- Members of the Shaw neighborhood are coming together for a community portrait Saturday.
Photo courtesy of D.C. State Fair