What to Expect Around Town This (Long) Weekend (Sept. 3-5)
Time is running out to take one last dip in the District’s public pools in West End and near Howard University before they are set to close for the season.
The Banneker Pool (2500 Georgia Ave. NW) and Francis Pool (2435 N St. NW) are scheduled to shut down Monday at 6 p.m., according to the Department of Parks and Recreation.
There’s a 30 percent chance the area will get some rain Saturday and Sunday and possibly “tropical storm conditions” from Tropical Storm Hermine Monday, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures are expected to hit the upper 70s Saturday and Sunday and mid 80s Monday.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your Labor Day weekend:
- DJs are spinning Beyonce and Jay Z hits during “Bey vs. Jay” at the Rock & Roll Hotel on the H Street corridor Saturday.
- LGBT poet and activist Sam(ira) Obeid is taking the stage at Busboys and Poets on the 14th Street corridor Sunday.
- Indian restaurant Pansaari in Dupont Circle is having a special happy hour with food and drink deals to celebrate its second anniversary Sunday.
- The Wonderland Ballroom in Columbia Heights is having villain- and hero-inspired drinks and a costume party Sunday.
- D.C. and federal government offices won’t open Monday.
- Drivers on Monday won’t need to feed parking meters and abide by most parking restrictions, except along the H Street corridor streetcar route.
Borderstan also will take a break Monday. We hope you have a great holiday with your friends and family.
Photo via Instagram/D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation