What to Expect for Adams Morgan Day This Weekend
Adams Morgan’s annual neighborhood festival is slated to bring crowds to 18th Street NW for food, music, art and games this weekend.
Like in 2015, the road won’t shut down Sunday during Adams Morgan Day, which runs from noon to 6 p.m. But the sidewalks and open spaces nearby will host bands, basketball matches, artists and local businesses.
“We think the day is a great opportunity to showcase our neighborhood’s great outdoor, public spaces and also drive people to explore our variety of restaurants, bars and shops,” Songbyrd Music House and Record Cafe co-owner Alisha Edmonson said in a statement.
Here are more details from a festival news release distributed today:
- SunTrust Plaza featuring bands all day organized by Songbyrd
- Kalorama Park will host a basketball tournament
- BB&T Plaza will provide information about local businesses and non-profit services
- Artists will have work for sale around the neighborhood and in our Artists Alley behind SunTrust
- Games and kids crafts will be hosted in Unity Park
- The event’s design partner Josue Martinez, a local multimedia artist and owner of Corinto Gallery, will organize live painting by area artists
- BicycleSPACE will display bikes and accessories for the discerning cyclist and beginner alike
- The Make Fix Anything Project will help you fix anything from bicycles to broken hearts
- Life Asset, a non-profit, will host a small indoor market featuring art, goods and services from their micro-entrepreneur loan recipients
- Shenanigan’s Irish Pub will donate 25% of its sales to the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund
- Roofers Union will feature live music, art and specials
- El Tamarindo will provide music and specials
- Bedrock Billiards will offer free pool until 6:00 p.m. (21+) and board games in Unity Park
- Mellow Mushroom will feature music on the roof top, face painting, balloon twisting, artists on the patio and specials
- The Blaguard, Meze, Smoke and Barrel, Pop’s Sea Bar and Tryst will have festival-day specials
Photo via Facebook/Adams Morgan Day