The annual H Street Festival is here this weekend.
Rain isn’t expected to dampen the festivities Saturday, according to the National Weather Service. Partly sunny skies should bring temperatures in the lower 80s to the area. But on Sunday, a chance of rain is in the forecast, with highs likely in the mid 80s.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Italian eatery Alphonse has closed on U Street NW.
- Australian skin care company Aesop has opened an outpost in Shaw.
- Adams Morgan has a new Ethiopian restaurant.
- Barre3 Studio on 14th Street NW is hosting a free fitness event in Meridian Hill Park Saturday.
- Heurich House in Dupont Circle is throwing an Oktoberfest party Saturday.
- Columbia Heights Initiative is holding a neighborhood cleanup Saturday.
- The Metropolitan Police Department is having a community bike ride that spans Dupont and Logan circles Saturday.
- Forthcoming poultry-centric eatery The Bird is popping up at The Pig Saturday and Sunday one last time before it opens.
- Local pagans are gathering in Dupont Circle Sunday.
Photo via Facebook/H Street Festival