Music will be in the air around Adams Morgan this weekend.
PorchFest, Adams Morgan’s annual fall music festival, is returning with three dozen free concerts in front of a dozen homes and businesses in the neighborhood Saturday.
It might drizzle Saturday, but the sun should make an appearance, helping the temperature rise to the upper 70s, according to the National Weather Service. On Sunday, the sun is expected to be out in full force, bringing the temperature up to the high 70s.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Union Drinkery, which describes itself as a “no-frills neighborhood bar” has started serving beer, wine and cocktails in Park View.
- Ice Cream Jubilee is opening near the 14th Street corridor with complimentary Banana Bourbon Caramel, MarionBerry and other frozen treats Saturday.
- A La Colombe Coffee Roasters shop is opening on Florida Avenue NW Saturday.
- Dupont Circle’s Fantom Comics is celebrating “all things spooky and scary” for “witches and magical women of all types” Saturday, according to a Facebook event post.
- The Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District is having a fitness and health day with neighborhood fitness and health businesses, live music and food Saturday.
- OkuplazaFest is bringing music, games and art to Unity Park in Adams Morgan Saturday and Sunday.
- The Crafty Bastards arts and crafts fair is coming back to Union Market Saturday and Sunday.
- Some Circulator buses are getting longer operating hours starting Sunday to help riders amid Metro’s SafeTrack repair work.
- Luther Place Memorial Church in Logan Circle is hosting a blessing for pets in front of its St. Francis door Sunday.
Photo courtesy of Nathan Ackerman