Want to turn the presidential debate this weekend into a drinking game?
Several bars around town are tuning into the Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump face-off and offering drink specials Sunday. There’s also a watch party at the Black Cat (1811 14th St. NW), which is celebrating the release of the book, “The Donald: How Trump Turned Presidential Politics Into Pro Wrestling.”
If you don’t want to be inside a bar this weekend, Sunday is the best day to get outside. Sun is in the forecast Sunday, with the temperature expected to hit the mid 60s, according to the National Weather Service. On Saturday, rain should fall and have a high temperature in the upper 60s.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- The National Park Service has reversed a contentious rule banning dogs and their owners from walking in the area around Logan Circle park’s statue.
- The Wydown Coffee Bar on the 14th Street corridor now is serving beer, wine and cocktails, along with its java.
- District Taco’s location near Dupont Circle has closed for a slight facelift.
- Red Robin’s fast-casual concept on 19th Street NW is no more.
- Park View residents are having a neighborhood cleanup Saturday.
- Outdoor retailer REI is holding a gathering for locals to swap, sell and purchase used outdoor gear in NoMa Saturday.
- Friends of Stead Park is hosting its Local Harvest Festival with food and entertainment for children Saturday.
- An “Adult Pinewood Derby” is happening in Truxton Circle Saturday.
- The Green Zone bar is popping up near the U Street corridor with its “F-ck Trump” punch Saturday.
- Author Sam Kean is discussing his novel on human head transplants during a Halloween edition of Nerd Nite at DC9 Saturday.
- U Street bar Solly’s is celebrating it 10th anniversary with copious amounts of beer and whiskey Sunday.