The first-ever Georgia Avenue Fall Fest is scheduled to take over Bruce Monroe Community Park (3000 Georgia Ave. NW) from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, according to a Facebook event post.
The food vendors include:
- Ana’s Restaurant (Salvadoran and Mexican cuisine)
- Bjorn’s Bakes (gluten-free baked goods)
- Bravo Bar (hot dogs and cold beverages)
- Harrar Coffee & Roastery (hot and iced coffee and coffee beans)
- Heat da Spot (Ethiopian cuisine)
- Kokeb (Ethiopian cuisine)
- Morgan’s Seafood (fried shrimp, hushpuppies and ice cream)
- Petworth Cafe (Indian & Pakistani cuisine)
- Alfie’s (Thai papaya salad and Isaan sour pork sausages)
Georgia Avenue Thrive, which is organizing the event, is looking for volunteers to help set it up, run the children’s activities and assist with cleanup after the party, ANC 1A commissioner Rashida Brown said in an email to locals. Interested volunteers are encouraged to email the organization for more information.
The group also is accepting online donations for Fall Fest.
Image via CrowdRise/George Avenue Thrive