Halloween is coming early in Shaw this weekend.
The Shaw Dog Park is holding its annual “Howl-O-Ween” with canines in colorful costumes Saturday. Glen’s Garden Market in Shaw also is throwing a “Shawlloween” party with pumpkin decorating, face painting and food then.
Saturday should be dry most of the day, but breezy, with highs likely only reaching the lower 60s, according to the National Weather Service. Sunny skies are expected to prevail Sunday, which should have highs in the upper 60s.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- The Dupont Z-Burger recently featured in a viral video with a rat is closed temporarily while its owner makes some adjustments to the restaurant.
- Outdoor retailer REI is having a block party in NoMa with free food, performances and activities Saturday and Sunday.
- Suns Cinema in Mount Pleasant is hosting a live comedic lecture as part of the “Fale University” series Saturday.
- The Miss Adams Morgan drag pageant is returning to the Washington Hilton Saturday.
- Steel drum music, food and children’s activities are coming together at a Bruce Monroe Community Park festival in Park View Saturday.
- Amateur bakers and pie-lovers are meeting at an Adams Morgan bar for an annual pie party Sunday.