The second annual Adams Morgan Apple Festival kicks off Saturday, Oct. 29, at 10:30 a.m., at SunTrust plaza (18th Street and Columbia Road NW), according to the event’s Facebook page.
The festival will feature an heirloom apple tasting from Licking Creek Bend Farms and an apple pie baking contest set to be “judged by a distinguished panel of media personalities and culinary experts,” organizers said. Attendees who want to submit pies for the competition must bake a minimum of three and list the pies’ ingredients to accommodate dietary restrictions.
This year’s judges are:
- Ted Guthrie, chair of ANC 1C
- Arianne Bennett, co-owner of Amsterdam Falafelshop
- Laura Hayes, food editor of the Washington City Paper
- Ward 1 D.C. Councilmember Brianne Nadeau
- Tom Sherwood, NBC Washington reporter and media personality
- David Hagedorn, food blogger
All proceeds from the event will help benefit the DC Arts Center.
Photo via Facebook / Adams Morgan Apple Festival