The 18th “Nightmare on M Street” bar crawl kicks off Saturday, Oct. 29, at noon.
“Dupont Circle is coming alive and transforming from trendy to terrifying,” reads the website for the bar crawl. “Join us for cover-free admission, top drink specials from your favorite brands, costume contests, and most importantly… NO WAITING AROUND IN LINES!”
The bar crawl caused some controversy last year after “drunk and disorderly” partygoers left garbage and vomit strewn across parts of Dupont and downtown. The event was so controversial that it even led to new ABRA regulations regarding bar crawls.
This year, the bar-hopping event will be significantly scaled down, likely due to those new regulations. Organizers are only selling 2,700 wristbands for this year’s bar crawl. Additionally, the total number of bars participating in this year’s event is about half of what it was last year.
Tickets cost between $20 and $30 and give bar crawlers discounts at the following businesses:
- Dirty Bar (1223 Connecticut Ave. NW)
- Irish Whiskey Public House (1207 19th St. NW)
- The Green Bee Cafe (1129 20th St. NW)
- 1831 (1831 M St. NW)
- James Hoban’s (1 Dupont Circle NW)
- The Exchange (1719 G St. NW)
- Gryphon (1337 Connecticut Ave. NW)
- Buckeye + Bear (1730 M St. NW)
- Elephant and Castle D.C. (900 19th St. NW)
- Sign of the Whale (1825 M St. NW)
- Black Rooster Pub (1919 L St. NW)
- Dirty Martini (1223 Connecticut Ave. NW)
- Asia D.C. (1720 I St. NW)
- Eden D.C. (1716 I St. NW)
- The Bier Baron Tavern (1523 22nd St. Northwest)
Photo via Lindy Promotions