Looking to get into the Halloween spirit this weekend?
Oct. 31 festivities come early on Saturday and Sunday with a Halloween pet photo shoot in Dupont Circle, the “Nightmare on M Street” bar crawl and a pirate party at a Shaw watering hole, among other events.
If you head out, Saturday and Sunday should have clear skies, with highs in the lower to mid 70s, according to the National Weather Service.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Metro trains won’t run between the Fort Totten and NoMa stations starting this Saturday as part of SafeTrack repair work. The repairs are expected to take until Nov. 22. Some Circulator buses now have longer operating hours in an effort to help Red Line Metro riders.
- District Taco in Dupont Circle has reopened after renovations.
- Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1A chairman Kent Boese on Saturday is having a Park View walking tour, focusing on the neighborhood’s history.
- The second annual Adams Morgan Apple Festival is happening Saturday.
- “UHF” is getting a special screening on the U Street corridor Sunday with its star, “Weird Al” Yankovic, on hand to give his take on the cult classic comedy movie.
Photo courtesy of Luis Gomez Photography