Gun-Toting Robbers Hop Out of SUV in Dupont, Pistol-Whip Man
Three thieves with guns jumped out of a sport utility vehicle in Dupont Circle and used their weapons to hit a man before they robbed him and three other men with him over the weekend, police said.
The armed robbery happened on the 1700 block of N Street NW about 4 a.m. Sunday.
The victims were just north of the Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle when a newer model Ford Explorer or Jeep with tinted windows pulled up to them, according to authorities. Three men then got out of the vehicle, and all of them flashed handguns as they ordered the victims to get on the ground and give up their belongings.
The victims complied with the demands of the men, giving them money, cellphones, keys and other items. But the robbers weren’t done with one of the victims, yet.
They each took turns pistol-whipping a victim in the head before they fled.
The victim declined medical attention.
Police haven’t released detailed descriptions of the suspects.
A would-be thief with a metal stick and several other people also beat up and tried to rob two cyclists in Columbia Heights Friday night, according to authorities.
The attempted violent robbery occurred on the 1400 block of Columbia Road NW about 10:15 p.m.
The victims were riding their bicycles about a block south of the Columbia Heights Metro station when 10 people surrounded them, police said.
Members of the group then tried to take the bikes and a backpack from the victims. But the victims held onto their belongings, while the would-be robbers repeatedly punched them. At one point, one of the attackers used a metal stick to hit a victim across the forehead before leaving.
The victims refused medical attention.
Authorities haven’t released detailed suspect descriptions.
According to police, other crimes that occurred in the Borderstan coverage area since Friday night included:
- A robbery with a knife on the 1200 block of U Street NW about 2:15 a.m. Saturday. Police haven’t released any suspect information.
- A shooting on the 3300 block of Sherman Avenue NW around 10:45 p.m. Saturday. Authorities haven’t distributed any suspect information.
- A robbery with a gun on the 900 block of Florida Avenue NW near the 9:30 Club about 8:45 a.m. Sunday. Police haven’t released any suspect information.
- A robbery with a gun on the 2000 block of 10th Street NW near the U Street corridor about 9:15 a.m. Sunday. Authorities said they’re looking for:
S1: B/M, 6’0″-6″1″, 20’S, wearing a grey hoody, unknown jeans, glasses, a black scarf armed with a silver gun; S2: B/M, 6’0-6’1, wearing a grey hoody and unknown jeans.
- A robbery with a gun on the 400 block of College Street NW on Howard University’s campus about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Police haven’t released detailed suspect information.
Photo via Google Maps