FreshFarm will hold Thanksgiving food drives at each one of its markets starting today. This is the sixth year the organization has held the donation effort.
Those who want to help out with the drive can give a tax-deductable monetary donation at each of the markets’ orange information tents. Locals can also participate by dropping off pantry items such as flour, sugar, spices, coffee, cooking oil and dried goods.
“We collect tax-deductible donations from shoppers and spend the money with our farmers and producers on fresh market foods,” FreshFarm wrote on its website. “In 2015 we raised $10,000 from shoppers to spend on local fresh foods, which went to our neighbors in need.”
The drive will be held at the following locations and dates:
- Foggy Bottom 11/16 benefiting Miriam’s Kitchen
- Near the White House 11/17 benefiting Thrive DC
- Penn Quarter 11/17 benefiting Thrive DC
- H Street NE 11/19 benefiting First Church of Christ Holiness
- Downtown Silver Spring 11/19 benefiting Shepherd’s Table
- Dupont Circle 11/20 benefiting D.C. Central Kitchen and Iona
- Crystal City 11/22 benefiting Arlington Food Assistance Center
Photo via FreshFarm Markets