Thanksgiving is less than a week away, and D.C. is starting to empty out for the holiday.
But if you’re around this weekend, you’ll get some warm weather with a high temperature around 70 Saturday, with a chance of showers in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. Sunday the high temperature only is expected to reach the upper 40s. But it will be partly sunny.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Henry’s Soul Cafe is back in business on the U Street corridor.
- An offshoot of Richmond’s Lemon Cuisine of India is now open in Dupont Circle.
- FreshFarm is holding a Thanksgiving food drive at its H Street corridor market Saturday and Dupont Circle market Sunday.
- BicycleSPACE in Mount Vernon Triangle is putting together a “Plaid Ride” Saturday.
- Garrison Elementary School is having an open house Saturday morning.
- The Shaw Library is celebrating International Games Day with tables games from around the world Saturday afternoon.
- Little Miss Whiskey’s is having its second annual “Movemberfest Pig Roast” Saturday afternoon.
- Fantom Comics is hosting a workshop for budding comic book writers Sunday.
Photo via 14th and U Farmers Market