Looking to express gratitude for President Barack Obama as he prepares to leave the White House?
The kiosk near 18th Street and Columbia Road NW now has a “#AdMoThanksObama” chalkboard for well-wishers to leave messages for Obama.
If you head outside in Adams Morgan or other neighborhoods around D.C., partly sunny skies will prevail Saturday, with the temperature getting up to the upper 40s, according to the National Weather Service. The high temperature also is expected to reach the upper 40s Sunday, but under cloudy skies.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Kramerbooks and Afterwords Cafe in Dupont Circle has expanded.
- Shoppers who spend at least $100 at stores in The Shay and Atlantic Plumbing will get a complimentary Christmas tree Saturday and Sunday.
- Heurich House Museum’s annual Christkindlmarkt is returning Saturday and Sunday.
- Park View residents are holding a neighborhood cleanup Saturday morning. Volunteers will get a free beer at Midlands.
- Terrifying Christmas creatures are marching down H Street NE during an annual “Krampusnacht” celebration Saturday afternoon.
- The Columbia Heights Initiative is hosting the 6th annual Columbia Heights Tree Lighting Extravaganza Saturday night.
- BloomBars in Columbia Heights is bringing together local crafters for a holiday market Sunday.
- The annual “TamalFest,” which is billed as “part culinary fiesta, part cultural exchange,” is coming back to Columbia Heights Sunday.
- The Logan Circle Community Association is having its annual holiday house tour Sunday.
Photo courtesy of Nathan Ackerman