86°Partly Cloudy

Four Hospitalized After Gas Leak Scare at School Near U Street

by Tim Regan December 13, 2016 at 8:20 am 0

Hazmat incident at St. Augustine School, photo via D.C. Fire and EMS

Three adults and one child were taken to the hospital for evaluation after someone reported a possible gas leak at a school near 14th Street earlier this morning.

The D.C. Fire and EMS hazmat unit was called to the St. Augustine Catholic School (1421 V St. NW) to investigate the reported leak around 8 a.m. today.

Firefighters initially said five people were possibly sickened during the incident, but only four were taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.

Hazmat crews searched the building but did not find evidence of a gas leak.

“All meter readings are negative,” said D.C. Fire spokesman Vito Maggiolo.

Photo via Twitter / D.C. Fire and EMS

Leave a Comment

* Required fields

×

Subscribe to our mailing list