An ice scraper and an umbrella might come in handy this weekend.
A winter weather advisory is in effect from midnight Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday with sleet and freezing rain expected to come into the area, creating icy roads, according to the National Weather Service. The temperature Saturday eventually is expected to rise from the 20s to the 40s, turning the precipitation into rain.
On Sunday, the high temperature could reach the upper 50s. But showers are in the forecast.
Here’s what else you need to know to make the most of your weekend:
- Zombie Coffee and Donuts in Columbia Heights has closed.
- Ice Cream Jubilee in Logan Circle is giving away sweet treats to patrons who donate to a local writing organization.
- The Washington Regional Alcohol Program is helping holiday partygoers get home safely with free cab rides.
- The Mount Pleasant Farmers’ Market is wrapping up for the season Saturday.
- Holiday revelers are planning to “drink ’til there’s snow tomorrow” at 11 Dupont Circle bars Saturday afternoon.
- Metro Mutts on the H Street corridor is having a free holiday photo booth for pets Sunday.