The attempted robbery happened outside the DC USA retail development at 3100 14th St. NW about 2:15 p.m. Monday.
The victims were near DC USA when four people surrounded them, police said. The four individuals then showed a knife and ordered the victims to hand over all of their belongings.
The robbery happened on the 1300 block of U Street NW about 2:15 a.m. Sunday.
The woman was walking in the area when someone snatched her purse, according to authorities. She then grabbed the robber by the shirt in an attempt to get her bag back.
The violent robbery happened on the 2600 block of 15th Street NW about 3:30 a.m. Saturday. The area is just north of Meridian Hill Park.
The victims were walking in the vicinity when three men approached them, according to authorities. The trio quickly surrounded the victims and ordered them to give up their wallets, cellphones and other belongings.
(Updated at 11:15 a.m.) Two men tried to rob a bank in Columbia Heights yesterday afternoon, police said.
The attempted robbery happened inside the BB&T Bank at 3101 14th St. NW about 2 p.m. Wednesday. The bank is just north of the Columbia Heights Metro station.
The men used a note to demand money from the bank, according to authorities. But they didn’t receive any cash before they fled on foot.
The crime happened on the 3000 block of 14th Street NW about 8:30 p.m. Saturday. The area is just south of the Columbia Heights Metro station.
The man was walking home in the middle of the road when a young man with a small handgun approached him, police said.
The Metro Transit Police Department has released three photos of a man sought in connection with an attempted robbery which left someone with an ear laceration near the U Street Metro station Tuesday night.
The photos show a man in a puffy blue winter jacket, blue jeans and white gym shoes. At least two of the images appear to be from inside the Metro station. In one of them, the man appears to be wearing a black mask.
The man doesn’t have any warrants out for him at this time, according to authorities.
The encounter occurred on the 1200 block of New Jersey Avenue NW about 8 p.m. Tuesday. The area is about a block west of the New York Avenue playground.
The victim was in the vicinity when three men approached her, according to authorities.
The attack happened on the 200 block of W Street NW about 3:15 a.m. Wednesday.
The cabbie was driving someone to the area after picking the individual up at 9th and U streets NW, according to authorities. Once on W Street, the passenger pulled out a knife and told the driver to hand over the “f——g money,” but the cabbie declined, police said.
Anthony Jones of Southeast D.C. was arrested last week in connection with eight attempted or completed robberies between Oct. 1 and Nov. 24.
The five robberies in the Borderstan coverage area include:
- A violent robbery on the 2300 block of 11th Street NW on Oct. 2.
- A robbery with a gun on the 2200 block of 12th Street NW late on Oct. 13 or early on Oct. 14.
- An attempted robbery with a gun on the 1200 block of Florida Avenue NW on Nov. 1.
- A robbery with a gun on the 2300 block of 11th Street NW on Nov. 21.
- A robbery with a gun on the 2300 block of 11th Street NW on Nov. 24.
A lawyer for Jones wasn’t immediately available to comment.
The armed carjacking happened at the Crown at 908 Florida Ave. NW about 2:45 a.m. Saturday.
The woman was in her Nissan Altima at the gas station when two men approached her, according to authorities. Both of the men flashed guns, and one of them pulled the woman out of her car.
One of the men then pistol-whipped the woman in the head before he or the other man drove away with her car.
The victim declined medical treatment.
Police didn’t have detailed descriptions of the suspects.
The carjacking is one of at least 10 attempted or completed robberies reported in the Borderstan coverage area since Wednesday afternoon, police said. Many of the crimes involved scuffles or guns.
The attempted or completed robberies include:
- An assault with the intent to rob someone on the 1200 block of Clifton Street NW about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- A robbery with guns on the 2500 block of Cliffbourne Place NW about 1:45 a.m. Thursday.
- A robbery with an assault on the 1300 block of V Street NW about 3 a.m. Thursday.
- A robbery with an assault on the 1700 block of 16th Street NW about 3:45 a.m. Friday.
- An assault with the intent to rob someone on the 1700 block of 5th Street NW about 6:30 a.m. Friday.
- A robbery with an assault on the 1100 block of 16th Street NW about 1 a.m. Saturday.
- A robbery on the 2400 block of 18th Street NW about 2:45 a.m. Sunday.
- A robbery on the 900 block of L Street NW about 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
- A robbery with a gun on the 1700 block of 10th Street NW about 9 p.m. Sunday.
Robberies weren’t the only crimes that happened in the Borderstan coverage area since Wednesday afternoon. A woman was stabbed on Sherman Avenue yesterday morning, too.
Photo via Google Maps
The violent robbery happened on the 1100 block of U Street NW about 1:15 a.m., police said. It wasn’t immediately clear if the victim was injured.
Officers made the arrest less than three hours after the attack. Police haven’t released the name of the suspect.
The crime is one of at least nine attempted or completed robberies that have occurred in the Borderstan coverage since Friday afternoon, according to authorities.
- A man was robbed at knifepoint on the 600 block of Lamont Street NW in Park View about 5:30 p.m.
Robbery @1755 hrs in the 600 B/O Lamont Street., NW LOF B/M, 5'7-5'8,thin build, Blk sweater, wht T-shirt and blk pants, armed w/knife.
— DC Police Department (@DCPoliceDept) November 6, 2015
- A man was put in a headlock, pushed to the ground and robbed on the 3300 block of New Hampshire Avenue NW about 7:15 p.m. The area is about a block east of The Coupe.
3D Rob/Force 3300 blk New Hampshire ave NW. LOF 4 B/M S1 15 yoa wht tank top dreads, S2 15-17 yoa blu shirt, S3 short dreads, S4 15-17 yoa
— DC Police Department (@DCPoliceDept) November 7, 2015
- Several girls attacked and robbed someone on 1400 block of Clifton Street NW about 7:30 p.m. The area is about two blocks west of the Francis L. Cardozo Education Campus. Police arrested two girls in connection with the violent robbery.
- A man attacked and robbed someone on 1300 block of Irving Street NW in Columbia Heights about 11 p.m. Police didn’t have a detailed description of the suspect.
- A man who possibly had a knife in his pocket robbed a person on the 1800 block of 7th Street NW in Shaw about 2:45 a.m. Police didn’t release a description of the suspect.
- A thief robbed someone on the 1400 block of Columbia Road NW in Columbia Heights about 7 a.m. Police didn’t release a description of the suspect.
- A person tried to rob someone on the 800 block of Florida Avenue NW in Shaw about 3 p.m. Police arrested an individual in connection with the attempted robbery. The individual’s identity wasn’t immediately clear.
- Four teenage boys attacked and robbed someone on the 1700 block of New Hampshire Avenue NW in Dupont about 3 p.m.
Robbery:1700 blk of N.H. Ave NW. lof: 4 blk/m's, 14 to 17 years of age, S1 long hair, S2 dreads 5279 pic.twitter.com/hLCA6dfUUM
— DC Police Department (@DCPoliceDept) November 8, 2015
A man also was shot and killed in Shaw, a man was stabbed on the 900 block of U Street NW and two men were stabbed on the 1300 block of U Street NW early Saturday morning.
Someone was stabbed on the 1300 block of Park Road NW in Columbia Heights last night, too.
The robbery happened on the 500 block of Gresham Place NW about 10:45 p.m. The area is just north of Howard University.
The victims were on a sidewalk in the vicinity when four people approached them and directed the victims to go to a nearby alley, according to authorities. In the alley, one of the suspects pulled out a semiautomatic handgun and held it to the stomach of one of the victims. Another suspect also flashed a semiautomatic handgun.
All four suspects told the victims to “empty your pockets,” police said. The robbers then took money, cell phones, a jacket and other items from the men before fleeing.
Authorities haven’t released any suspect descriptions.
A would-be thief with a knife also tried to rob a man in Columbia Heights last night, police said.
The attempted robbery occurred about 7 p.m. on the 1500 block of Harvard Street NW, which includes All Souls Church.
The victim was walking in the area when a man went up to him from behind and wrapped his arm around the victim’s neck, according to authorities. The man then whispered, “money,” to the victim, police said.
Soon after, the suspect moved in front of the victim and flashed a switchblade, according to authorities. The victim then ran away and called police.
Attempt Robbery 1903 1500 blk Harvard St NW. B/M 18-25 170lbs, BLK jacket, BLK hoodie DRK pants, lgt beard w/ knife pic.twitter.com/Nps24jeN2S
— DC Police Department (@DCPoliceDept) November 3, 2015
A woman threatened two men with a knife in Columbia Heights yesterday afternoon, too, police said.
The incident happened on the 3300 block of 14th Street NW about 4 p.m. The area is just north of the DC USA retail development and on the same block as the Gala Hispanic Theatre.
The woman was holding the knife while standing in the vicinity and caught the attention of two men, according to authorities. She then began to scream and swear at the onlookers, insisting she had a right to defend herself.
The men eventually started to walk away, but the woman followed, police said. She then approached the men slowly and swung her knife at them.
Police arrested a woman in connection with the attack. But her identity wasn’t immediately clear.