The fundraiser — which is the third largest for the school– helps Ross buy appropriate and updated books for its classrooms and library.
However, this book sale isn’t like most. Here’s how it works:
- Participants donate $25 to buy a book for the Ross library in honor of a loved one.
- The Ross PTA sends the honoree a letter informing them of the gift in their name. Letters are timed to arrive on Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, depending on the request of the buyer.
- Then, the PTA inserts a book-plate inscribed with the donor and honoree’s names in the book purchased.
- Ross students enjoy quality literature for years to come, and loved ones are honored!
Here’s when you can take part in “Buy-a-Book-for-Kids.”
Dates and Places
- Friday, April 26: 8 am to 9 am in front of Ross Elementary; 3 to 4 pm in front of Ross Elementary School, 1730 R Street NW.
- Saturday, April 27: 9 am to 4 pm in front of the 17th Street Safeway, Church and 17th Street NW.
- Sunday, April 28: 9 am to 1 pm at Dupont Farmers Market, Massachusetts Avenue and 20th Street NW.
- Monday, April 29: 8 am to 9 am in front of Ross Elementary; 3 to 4 pm in front of Ross Elementary.
From Alden Leonard. Contact him at alden[AT]borderstan.com and follow him @aldenleonard on Twitter.
Ross Elementary School is offering you a chance to get a leg-up on your Mother’s and Father’s Day shopping while also helping fund a local school. Ross serves pre-K through 5th grade children at 1730 R Street NW.
During their “Buy-a-Book-for-Kids” Event this Saturday and Sunday, when you donate $25 in honor of a loved one, Ross Elementary will send the honoree a letter informing them of your gift.
Your donation will buy a new book for the school, helping keep their library and classrooms stocked and in commemoration, will include a bookplate with your name and the name of your honoree.
You have the choice of having the letter to your honoree(s) arrive in time for Mother’s Day (May 13), Father’s Day (June 17), or anytime in-between.
Look for Ross Tables on the Street
“Buy-a-Book-for-Kids” will be accepting donations at the following times and locations:
- Saturday, May 5, 9 am to 1 pm outside the Safeway at Corcoran and 17th Streets NW.
- Saturday, May 5, 2 to 6 pm outside the TD Bank at 15th and P Streets NW.
- Sunday, May 6, 9 am to 1 pm at the Dupont Farmers’ Market on 20th Street NW.
Questions? Shoot rossfundraising[AT]gmail.com an email.
- Saturday Rummage Sale, Recycling Event Brings Neighbors to Ross
- Ross PTA Auction Raises $50K for Training, Programs, Technology